Friday, December 28, 2007

She Lives!!

two weeks post surgery and I'm alive!! it was decided a little late in life I should have those lovely tonsils and adenoids removed. Surgery went... uh well?? Let's see they did nerve damage to my tongue it's been two weeks and all I can feel are the tinglies, my mouth is pretty small so they broke my jaw in order to get my mouth open wide enough to remove my abnormally infected and large tonsils and they put me on steroids because of the severe swelling they feared it would affect my breathing.

Here I sit two weeks later and I can be reasonably understood when I talk and I can even eat soups now (I will never eat jello again!) nothing hot, nothing super cold just room temperature creamed soups doesn't that sound WONDERFUL!!

I baked insane amounts of cookies, tarts, cranberry bars, cakes, etc. lots of delectable foods, crab dip, shrimp puffs, steak, etc. for Christmas Eve dinner and I also did quiche, a breakfast casserole, breads, rolls, spicy potatoes, home made sausage, bacon, for Christmas Breakfast and I couldn't eat a single bite of any of it. I just stared longingly while I munched my ice chips and inhaled jello.

I did however, for Christmas dinner become very fond of bread pudding. It was pretty much my dinner but I was just so happy it wasn't gelatinous in any way!! I've been losing weight right and left, I think for those with tonsils who want to lose weight just get your tonsils taken out. It'll kill any appetite you could possibly have! Something about feeling like your swallowing razor blades that just ruins the fun of food.

Anyways I am alive and well and looking forwards to being able to eat solid foods in the new year!! I hope everyone had a wonderful family filled Christmas and an equally marvelous New Years!!

2 comments:

Retro Girl said...

OH.MY.Gawd!!!!
I go away for a week and return to find they're trying to disassemble you!! You poor thing!! You've been through the wringer! *HUGS*

OMG You are one tough cookie! Baking, and cooking and then unable to have any of it. I woulda been bawling and looking for wire cutters to free my jaws! (I still have my tonsils. My bro & sis got theirs out at age 25, each)

Can you have yogurt or Ensure chocolate shakes? Don't lose too much weight - the paparazzi will start following you everywhere!!

*HUGS* Take care of yourself. I hope you feel tons better every day, and heal quickly!

Lucas said...

Good thing you're ok, although it sounds like a desperately trying situation. When they extracted my wisdom teeth, they definitely didn't have to do ANY of what they did to you! Thank God for an enormous mouth!

Get better soon! I had some lemon Jello the other day and it was lovely... if that helps..