Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Left Lane Closed - OOPS

It have now been 9 months since they began the road construction between my house and my place of employment. 9 months... Of every day stop and go, cut throat traffic that makes my drive to work over an hour long. I admit I do get frustrated with other drivers at times, but I don't get aggressive or flick people off I usually just try to stay away from "the crazies." This morning I got in line like everyone else to wait our turn to drive 2 miles an hour on a one lane highway during rush hour. We get to a certain point and all the road signs say "Left Lane Closed" so of course everyone obediently merges to the right lane. we go all of maybe 30 feet and everyone is moving the to left lane... A little befuddled I hesitate to move at first to get a look at what's going on. Ya, one of our rocket scientist road workers put out the wrong signs and it was the right lane that was to be closed and a car drove right into one of the holes but into the road because the right lane wasn't blocked off. *shudder* I would hate to be the guy(s) who blocked off the wrong side of the road and put out the wrong signs when the guy in the beemer gets through with them. He was FURIOUSLY jumping up and down and screaming about his car int he middle of a cement crater. While I would be angry too, he must have been going pretty fast not to see the gaping 10 foot hole in the middle of his lane. At least no one got hurt! I have to admit I did chuckle at the sight of a BMW's rear end sticking out of a hole in the road and some irate guy flapping around like a chicken. What a mess. I wonder if they will teach our road construction guys the old L shaped adage that helps you decipher right from left? Talk about an OOPS!

2 comments:

Lord Chimmy said...

"I have to admit I did chuckle at the sight of a BMW's rear end sticking out of a hole in the road and some irate guy flapping around like a chicken."

And, THAT, is why I always have my small digital camera with me. I love those priceless moments.

Retro Girl said...

OH. MY. Gawd!

(Laffin' at Lord Chimmy's comment, too).

I'd really hate to be that guy that flubbed up...thank goodness the damages weren't worse...like a pile-up. Yah-there are so many people who just fly along, oblivious to stuff until it literally hits them in the face...