Wednesday, October 24, 2007

That Fuzzy Feeling

And I don't mean the warm fuzzy feeling you get from helping other people (who appreciate it) I mean that not-all-here, cold pill, fuzzy-balloon head feeling... Ya, I've got. Can't think straight, can't spell, can't remember stuff. I was sitting in class last night and I understood everything perfectly clear like mud, but this morning... I have no idea what went on in class last night. I had to try to go back, review notes, review archived stuff. I haven't the slightest. Being a work-aholic and a school fiend is great... until you get sick and then there is not time for it and I can't seem to shake this mess. I have a combination of the flu and strep throat not to mention staph is running rampant in our area right now with children (guess who volunteered to play a part in a charity play for you guessed it 150 little girls - ya me) So it's been 6 days and I seem to be getting worse, mt doctor finally took pity on me and will see me this afternoon, and my boss sympathetic though he is, is a heart beat away from asking me to wear a mask because I am a walking incubator for "the funk" (as I have so lovingly come to call it). I need sleep, I need antibiotics, I need a kick in the ars so I pull myself together and get on with it! You know I actually apologized Monday morning when I called out, I actually laughed after the conversation because I was not even able to get up without getting sick and I actually apologized for not toughing it out and getting to work. (I was also running 103 fever) Lol, I was dressed and ready for work tho! What I wouldn't give right now for a hot bath and a throat lozenge.

No comments: